[ecasound] edi-24; resampling's back

Subject: [ecasound] edi-24; resampling's back
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 19:20:26 EEST

Yesterday I committed initial version of the new style resampling
support to the CVS-tree. It still uses simple linear-interpolation,
so quality is not perfect, but it's sufficient for many uses.
The new syntax is as follows:

# foo.raw is a 16,2,22050 raw-file, bar.raw is 16,2,44100
ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i resample,22050,foo.raw -o bar.raw

# same the other way around
ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i bar.raw -o resample,22050,foo.raw

... with formats like .wav where the audio format is "locked",
the 2nd argument of resample doesn't have any effect. Ecasound will always
use the sampling rate specified in the files header info. Good
thing about this feature is that you don't have to know the
sampling rate. Bad side is that you can't override the header
info. Comments?

PS For high-quality resampling, I still recommend using
   sox or resample (see freshmeat).