Re: [ecasound] real encoder help

Subject: Re: [ecasound] real encoder help
From: Joe Nix (joenix_AT_the-djs.com)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 10:05:26 EEST

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:16:28AM -0400, SerialKillaClwnn_AT_aol.com wrote:
> can anybody here help me with a problem
> i would greatly appreatite it:
> the problem is that ive down loaded a real encoder from a site called:
> http://jimhartley.com/ratutor.html
> and the problem is that i get an illgal operation and will be shut down, when
> i check the details box i get a message that reads:
> Rencode caused an invalid page fault in module pneng51.dll at
> 017f:10006666
> this is after downloading and after ive gone half way through using
> the program, i have windows 98 and a 56k modem and im not sure about memory
> but im sure i have enough to run it, also ive unenstalled the program and
> reinstalled the program like 50 time and im still getting the same msg, ive
> also tried emailing jim about the problem like 10-15 times and he wont
> reply, so can anyone help me out thanks again

There is a program called realplayer which plays realmedia.

Apart from that, I think you have the wrong program installed on the wrong
operating system and you are asking your questions on the wrong mailing
list.

What you should do is:

Get some linux cd's (e.g. Redhat or Mandrake).
Install them (it will erase everything).
Install ecasound.

Good luck with it.