Re: [ecasound] [RME Hammerfall] Using multiple channels

Subject: Re: [ecasound] [RME Hammerfall] Using multiple channels
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 14:39:08 EEST

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Jesper wrote:

> ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA2: Unable to
> open ALSA-device for playback; error: Sound protocol is not compatible"

That sounds like a version conflict between alsa-driver/kernel and
alsa-lib. So either you have ALSA 0.9.x kernel modules (alsa-lib)
installed and ecasond was compiled against alsa-lib-0.5.x, or the other
way around.

You could also try "ecasound -i foo.wav -f:s32_le,10,44100,n -o
alsa_05"?

What's the output of "cat /proc/asound/version"? And how about
 "echo aio-register |ecasound -c |grep alsa"?

PS I'm going on a small trip for the weekend. That means
   I won't be able to answer emails after ~13:15/GMT ...
   I'll be back on Sunday.