Re: [ecasound] Re: Re: [Alsa-user] [RME Hammerfall] Using multiple channels (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: Re: [Alsa-user] [RME Hammerfall] Using multiple channels (fwd)
From: Jesper - Servicez.org Hosting (jep_AT_servicez.org)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:09:52 EEST

Guys,

(I sent one of you an email on an private email, excuse me for that one..)

I still try to use my channels on a RME hammerfall.

ecasound -i feest.mp3 -o /dev/dsp -f:s32_le,10,44100,n

That's what i'm playing now, and it sounds okay.. although i think that this
is not alsa where i am talking with.

When i try to use -o alsa, it says:

[root_AT_jep root]# ecasound -i feest.mp3 -o alsa -f:s32_le,10,44100,n
* ecasound v2.0.4 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *

---
ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Format of output alsa not recognized."

Alsahw works neither..

I installed the latest alsa stable drivers and libs. I wondered what the 'alsa' option does. Is it looking for a specific /dev/ device? An executable that i miss?

Thanks a lot!

-- Met vriendelijke groet,

Jesper - Servicez.org Hosting

-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.