[ecasound] Mixing problem (mono vs. stereo RIFF-files)

Subject: [ecasound] Mixing problem (mono vs. stereo RIFF-files)
From: Mikko Nummelin (mnummeli_AT_cc.hut.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 10:56:14 EEST

Thank you Kai for previous instructions, I have now ALSA drivers installed
and multitrack recording seems to work fine, but ...

... to spare disk space, I used option -f:16,1,22050 to record tracks on
MONO and using only half the amount of samples per second compared to the
default. When it came to mixing, I made an observation, that panning with
-epp:right-% no more functions. Does it really require all tracks to be
mixed and outputted to /dev/dsp to be STEREO (wasting space in most
situations)? If not, what conversion options do I have to use in chains
while mixing?

Mikko Nummelin