Re: old Qtecasound ( was Re: [ecasound] embedding interface version numbers in library names)

Subject: Re: old Qtecasound ( was Re: [ecasound] embedding interface version numbers in library names)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 22:03:50 EEST

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, CLOTILDE Guy Daniel wrote:

> As an ecasound user , I just miss the old Qtecasound you wrote. Is there
> a plan for making it availabe once again in the future?

I'm afraid I just don't have the time it takes to restart qtecasound
development. At the moment I'm concentrating my efforts on ecasound, JACK
and ecamegapedal.

I'm not sure about the future of ecawave. As we now have multiple good
editors available (especially snd and audacity), I don't know if there's
any need for ecawave anymore. On the other hand ecawave uses libecasound
in a rather clean way so it's quite easy for me to maintain it, although
not adding any new features nor fixing bugs.

Qtecasound is a more difficult case. In its current form it uses
libecasound too directly which again makes it a burden to maintain (you
have to constantly update it when developing libecasound). So it really
needs a rewrite and that's too much work for me at the moment.:(