Re: [ecasound] ladspa plugins does not work?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ladspa plugins does not work?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 01:29:25 EEST

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Mark Sadgrove wrote:

> I had the same problem a few months ago due to the fact that when I compiled
> ecasound, ladspa.h wasn't present in an appropriate include directory.
> The solution should be to copy ladspa.h to /usr/include/ and then recompile
> ecasound.

That's exactly what happens. Ecasound uses the standard AC_CHECK_HEADERS()
autoconf macro for finding ladspa.h. And as it happens, it doesn't search
/usr/local/include, which again is probably a common place to install
ladspa.h.

In ecasound-2.1dev series (since 2.1dev0), ladspa.h is included in the
ecasound tarball, so LADSPA support is always enabled. Even in the 2.1devX
versions ecasound's configure still checks for an already installed
ladspa.h. If one is found, it is used instead of the local ladspa.h copy.

> BUT be sure to do an "rm config.status" in your ecasound directory and then
> re-run "configure" otherwise ecasound will still not find ladspa.h. Then
> doing a "make" followed by a "make install" should work.

The fastest way to achieve a clean run of configure is (with the same
params):

rm -f config.cache && ./config.status --recheck