Re: [ecasound] looping samples

Subject: Re: [ecasound] looping samples
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 15:26:52 EEST

On Tue, 7 May 2002 12:20:52 +0200 (CEST)
OXullo Intersecans <xi_AT_reiko.tmh.it> wrote:

<...>
> In this first evaluation time I found a little problem:
>
> My samples have not the same length and I have to loop them in a way that
> is not directly compatible with the chain setup loop (which loops basing
> on the longest sample)
> However I would not use the -tl, because of the indipendent behaviour of
> the streams.

If you want the streams to loop independantly, you can use ewf-files, so:

-- file.efw --

source=file.wav
looping=true

-- end of file --

Then use the ewf-files as inputs instead of the wav-files.

You can find more about the ewf-fileformat here:

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/users_guide/node8.html#SECTION00082000000000000000

janne