Re: [ecasound] ecawave configure.in modification

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave configure.in modification
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 16:11:23 EEST

Answering to an older message...

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

>>> CXXFLAGS="-O0 -mieee" ./configure; make; make install
>> This has one problem. The overriding CXXFLAGS might be missing some
>> options crucial to correct operation.
> Yes. I have a feeling that that is a problem too...
> In fact. I might have done that to alpha port of Debian ecasound...

I've now edited configure.in files of ecasound, ecamegapedal and ecawave
to _not_ override existing CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS. In addition, gcc-specific
options are added only if gcc/c++ is actually detected.

>> CXXFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT -DENABLE_DBC -g -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> I was thinking doing #defines should rather be done inside
> "config.h" or something like that... but I wasn't thinking clearly enough.

Defines that are needed by only a certain set of files go to config.h,
while defines needed by majority of the files are added to
CXXFLAGS/CFLAGS. Otherwise every file would have to have "#include
<config.h>", which is not good.

>> PS Whatever we decide to do, same changes should probably go
>> to ecasound and ecamegapedal configure.in's.
> At least, ignoring the environmental variable all the time is a Bad Thing.

Yup, let me know if you find more overridden variables.