Re: [ecasound] alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] alsa
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 18:40:24 EEST

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

> ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsahw,d66 works but

'alsahw' expects numericals arguments, so this is equivalent to
-o:alsahw,0,0 (-> your sb16).

> ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsa,d66 does not work.

Try:

ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsaplugin,1,0

This should output 'my.wav' using ice1712 (card #1).

> Also, even stranger, is that ecasound is still using
> the SB16 even though I put the syntax below in my
> .ecasoundrc. During playback I can adjust sound levels
> with the SB16 mixer but nothing happens if I adjust the
> ICE1712 mixer?

Ah, the mentioned cards definitions are ALSA-specific and should be put to
your ~/.asoundrc, not ~/.ecasoundrc. The latter has totally different
format (see man ecasoundrc).

For tips on ~/.asoundrc usage, see
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=AlsaTips