[ecasound] A few problems/questions

Subject: [ecasound] A few problems/questions
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra_AT_home.nl)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 21:19:29 EET

Hi,

When i start ecasound this way it does nothing:
?$ ecasound -a1 -i arena2.wav -a2 -i arena3.wav -a1,a2 -o /dev/dsp -tl
* ecasound v2.0.3 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen
*
(eca-chainsetup) Looping enabled. Lenght of input objects will be used to
set the loop point.

That's all output, known problem?

When I start it this way, it works better:
?$ ecasound -a1 -i arena2.wav -a2 -i arena3.wav -a1 -o /dev/dsp -a2 -o
/dev/dsp -tl

But after the second loop a high frequency 'noise' gets slowly into the
sound. More and more after each loop. Is this a bug in ecasound or do I
use -tl wrong? Does this also mean that the two samples drift after each
loop?

When I invert one chain, I still get sound, while it both are the same
samples, with one sample a few seconds longer. Is it possible to start
both samples at sample precision after each loop?

Another question, actually I don't want both samples to start at sample 0
after a loop, I want to shift one sample. (Of course I don't want the
samples to drift, which is what I suspect that ecasound does). How can I
set (in interactive mode) the amount of shift (in samples or
milliseconds)? I want to be able to shift it in real time (that's why I
want it in ia mode).

Thanks for any help,

Remco Poelstra
P.S. If the 'noise' problem is unknown and you can't reproduce it, I can
sent the samples.