[ecasound] multi track recording problem.

Subject: [ecasound] multi track recording problem.
From: Bill Allen (ballen_AT_mail.serve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:26:56 EET

OK, I'm sure this is going to be embarassing, but I'm having a problem
with multitrack recording using ecasound. Previous projects with ecasound
had been mixing previously recorded tracks with ecasound with great
success.

On my command line I invoke:

ecasound -r -c -b:256 -s:multi.ecs

multi.ecs is:

-----------------------------
      -a:1 -i new.wav
      -a:2,3 -i alsa,default
      -a:2 -o new3.wav
      -a:1,3 -o alsa,default

What I'm trying to do is monitor new.wav while recording a new track onto
new3.wav. However, what I've found is that with no input, this setup
copies new.wav onto new3.wav which isn't what I want at all. Is there
something about alsa,default which works differently that /dev/dsp? Or am
I just doing something really dumb?

Bill