[ecasound] reverse audio object added

Subject: [ecasound] reverse audio object added
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 04:29:15 EET

Inspired by Sooperlooper's reverse function, I decided to do some coding.
The result is a new audio object type 'reverse'. I committed the first
version to CVS. Quoting ecasound(1) man page:

--cut--
dit(Reverse - process audio data backwards)

Object type 'reverse' can be used to reverse audio
data coming from an audio object. As an example,
"ecasound -i reverse,foo.wav -o /dev/dsp" will play 'foo.wav'
backwards. Reversing output objects is not supported.
Note! Trying to reverse audio object types with really
slow seek operation (like mp3), works extremely badly.
Try converting to an uncompressed format (wav or raw)
first, and then do reversation.
--cut--

It's a bit inefficient, but thanks to the disk i/o subsystem, still quite
usable. By increasing the doublebuffer size to 500000 samples
(-z:db,500000), I managed to play a 10ch/32bit/44.1kHz test file backwards
(total filesize 600MB), without xruns.