[ecasound] Overdub recording

Subject: [ecasound] Overdub recording
From: Taavi Burns (tburns_AT_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 05:46:00 EET

I'm trying to record myself over an existing wavefile, but am having
serious problems synchronising the pre-recorded sound with what I'm
putting into the microphone. With a command-line such as:

ecasound -b 128 -a:1 -i input_sound.wav -o /dev/dsp \
   -a:2 -i /dev/dsp -o my_sound.wav

Followed by:

ecasound -a:1 -i input_sound.wav -a:2 -i my_sound.wav \
   -a:all /dev/dsp

my_sound.wav is delayed by a bit over 0.5 seconds.

I've tried using both ecasound-2.0.4-1 and ecasound-2.1dev7 (compiled
locally) on Mandrake 8.1 (2.4.9 kernel) with an SBLive! 5.1 Value.

Thanks!

--
taa
/*eof*/