Re: [ecasound] ecasound and tape hiss...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound and tape hiss...
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 18:05:24 EET

Peter King wrote:

> I've just started using ecasound, and am on the trail of suggested
> uses -- the posting about how to do crossfades, for instance, was
> very helpful. So let me ask the experienced ecasounders out there:
> is there a sensible way to use ecasound to remove tape hiss from
> audiofiles ripped from analog tape? A band-reject filter might do
> it if it were sufficiently narrow, but I can't seem to identify the
> frequency of tape hiss. If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'd
> appreciate it, and even more a few notes on actual uses of ecasound
> in interesting ways (not just debugging reports). Thanks!

Both Snd and Ceres3 have good graphic representations of frequency
content, makes it very easy to locate and remove some noise. Gramofile
would probably do a good job too.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

Currently listening to: Aphex Twin, "Weathered Stone"