Re: [ecasound] ecawave configure.in modification

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave configure.in modification
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 10:10:35 EET

In Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:25:00 +0200 (EET) Kai cum veritate scripsit :

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>
> > I have done the following modification to configure.in of ecawave,
> > because the original configure.in worked in an unexpected way such
> that
> > it overrides the expected behavior, when called like:
> [...]
> > CXXFLAGS="-O0 -mieee" ./configure; make; make install
>
> This has one problem. The overriding CXXFLAGS might be missing some
> options crucial to correct operation.

Yes. I have a feeling that that is a problem too...
In fact. I might have done that to alpha port of Debian ecasound...

> For instance not specifying '-D_REENTRANT' is asking for trouble.
> How about CXXFLAGS="-O2 -D_REENTRANT ... $CXXFLAGS"

That sounds better to me.

> > However, I would say, use of -DNDEBUG here is wrong, and something
> > needs to be done.
>
> Hmm, why? You get debug with --enable-debug, which results in:
>
> CXXFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT -DENABLE_DBC -g -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -pedantic"

I was thinking doing #defines should rather be done inside
"config.h" or something like that... but I wasn't thinking clearly enough.
I am not quite sure about it at all.

> PS Whatever we decide to do, same changes should probably go
> to ecasound and ecamegapedal configure.in's.

Yup.

At least, ignoring the environmental variable all the time is a Bad Thing.

--
dancer_AT_debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4