Re: [ecasound] 48k sampling rate problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] 48k sampling rate problems
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 07:05:46 EET

Answering random older messags...

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Luke Tindall wrote:

> Is anyone having problem using ecasound with sample rate higher than 44100.
> My trident card seems to record only with the sampling rate at 48k - 44100 is
> fuzzy. I can record succesfully at 48k with arecord but it sounds terrible
> with ecasound, any ideas why?

Have you added -sr:48000. Ecasound objects each have specific sample rate,
but also the engine has a internal sample rate. Object rate is set with -f
while engine rate with -sr. If these don't match, you'll get resampled
version of your signal, and well, 48000<->44100Hz is an especially bad
combination for resampling.