Re: [ecasound] Real Encoder

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Real Encoder
From: William Goldsmith (bill_AT_radioparadise.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 01:50:22 EET

> It gets even better .... I'm forking it to multiple lame encoders at
> different bitrates so that I can have a 24k, 56k, and 128k stream from the
same
> source. The are sent to a shoutcast or icecast server using libshout.
It's
> all written in perl.

I've been using liveice to do multiple bitrates from a single source, but it
won't work from stdin (don't think so, anyway).

> The base program is called DJIAB http://www.djiab.org

I've heard of that, but thought it was just a playlist manager & I have that
end of things handled with some custom code of my own.

>I would
> love to add a true Real stream. I have mail into Real, but it might be a
> while....

Yeah, don't hold your breath. At one point I was a senior staffer at RBN's
largest client - & I still couldn't get a straight answer out of them about
much of anything.

-bg