Re: [ecasound] largefile update

Subject: Re: [ecasound] largefile update
From: The Anarcat (anarcat_AT_anarcat.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 21:37:08 EET

On Wed Dec 05, 2001 at 01:39:53PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:45:22 -0500
> The Anarcat <anarcat_AT_anarcat.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > Maybe because it's the latest (1.5). I remember it caused havoc in the
> > ports collection on FreeBSD. Here, the ports that have the flag
> > USE_AUTOMAKE compile with automake 1.4. The individual ports must
> > specify their 1.5-compliance with USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=15
>
> It used to cause too many problems that Debian now defaults to
> automake 1.4, when nothing is specified.

Sadly, FreeBSD here is trying to "force" 1.5-compliance on ports. If a
port does not specify it explicitly needs 1.4, 1.5 is assumed.

Don't these guys (automake) even think about backwards compatibility? :)

> > Is ecasound 1.5-compliant?
>
> No. And it seems like it needs some work,

Yes, however, I'm having enough Make problems on my side without taking
care of ecasound's. ;) Sorry..

A.