Re: [ecasound] largefile update

Subject: Re: [ecasound] largefile update
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 01:36:02 EET

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 05:46:21PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Ok, a real problem for a change. ;) What version of gcc and glibc are you
> using? I've tested that the current CVS-tree compiles with both 2.91.66
> and 3.0.2 gcc versions, but glibc 2.1.3 (from rh6.2) is the only libc
> version tested.
>
> Support for largefiles is a relatively new addition to glibc (and the
> Linux kernel), and most sources recommend using at least glibc 2.1.3.
> You can try compiling manually without largefile support to see whether
> that helps... ie:

btw I'm not exactly a programmer so I dunno whether that helps, but the
variable type long long int _does_ work on my system and a sizeof(long
long int) returns 8 as answer (so that should be 64 bit and just fine)

dunno whether that is of any use ...

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye          michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key