Re: [ecasound] largefile update

Subject: Re: [ecasound] largefile update
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 18:31:11 EET

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 05:46:21PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Ok, a real problem for a change. ;) What version of gcc and glibc are you
> using? I've tested that the current CVS-tree compiles with both 2.91.66
> and 3.0.2 gcc versions, but glibc 2.1.3 (from rh6.2) is the only libc
> version tested.
>
> Support for largefiles is a relatively new addition to glibc (and the
> Linux kernel), and most sources recommend using at least glibc 2.1.3.
> You can try compiling manually without largefile support to see whether
> that helps... ie:
>
> --cut--
> cd ecasound/libecasound
> c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I.. -I../kvutils -O2 -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -DENABLE_DBC -Wp,-MD,.deps/audioio-cdr.pp -c -fPIC -DPIC audioio-cdr.cpp -o .libs/audioio-cdr.lo
> --cut--
>
> If it compiles fine, then you have a problem with largefile support.

was just attempting to test that when my father popped a breaker on the
circuit that feeds my PC .. damn .. some long fsck's and explanations to
my father later, I have to start again .. which will happen tomorrow
since I gotta leave now .. well anyway, what do UPS's cost nowadays?
*sigh*

to answer your questions from above:

lormoral:~ # rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.2-7
lormoral:~ # rpm -q gcc
gcc-2.95.2-149

and kernel is 2.4.5, alsa is 0.5.11
(system is a SuSE 7.1, but with various updates)
from what you say above, these versions should be in the OK-region, but
I don't know tooooo much about these things ...

well, gonna check back tomorrow.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye          michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key