[ecasound] 48k sampling rate problems

Subject: [ecasound] 48k sampling rate problems
From: Luke Tindall (luke_AT_maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 18:07:59 EET

Is anyone having problem using ecasound with sample rate higher than 44100.
My trident card seems to record only with the sampling rate at 48k - 44100 is
fuzzy. I can record succesfully at 48k with arecord but it sounds terrible
with ecasound, any ideas why?
I've had this problem for a while and I've just installed latest
alsa0.9release and ecasound dev release. My major concern here, though
speculation, is that ecasound isn't happy with sample rates above 44100,
although I've only tried with the trident driver. I'm thinking of buying an
m-audio delta 66 and it would really be a shame if I can't record at higher
rates.

--
Luke Tindall