Re: [ecasound] eca sound mixer

Subject: Re: [ecasound] eca sound mixer
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 14:16:35 EET

In the new year, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> -eac:100,1 -eac:100,2 -eac:100,3 -eac:100,4 -c
>
> The 'eac' is a channel-amplify effect (gain for one channel). Once in
> iactive start operation with 'start', and then you can dynamically adjust
> the channel gains with (ch1: 'cop-set 1,1,105', ch2; 'cop-set:2,1,105).

RIGHT ON! where has *THAT* lil`nugget been for the last year or so? bet
there's LOTS I have missed over the last year or so.
> Another good alternative is writing your 3d-processor as an LADSPA plugin
> (www.ladspa.org).

might I underscore this point. If multiple hosts can use this plugin,
and it actually works, we will be one step closer to unifying on something
good. We have a lot of work going on in a lot of corners, and I don't
think developers are aware of what's going on in other projects to some
extent. SUre they can read LAD, but my suspicion is that not all the work
is visible even there.

_J