Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.1dev2 good and not-so-good

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.1dev2 good and not-so-good
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 00:11:36 EEST

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, John S. Denker <jsd_AT_research.att.com> wrote:

> ./ecasound -f:32,12,44100,i -i:alsahw,0,0 -o:null
> * ecasound v2.1dev2 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *
> - [ Session created ] ------------------------------------------------------
> - [ Chainsetup created (opts) ] --------------------------------------------
> (eca-chainsetup) Chain "default" created.
> (eca-chainsetup-parser) Warning! While parsing options, 2+0 recognized options; expected for 3.
> ---
> ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "(eca-chainsetup-parser) Format of input alsahw not recognized."
>

> (In contrast, when I invoke the v2.0.2 version that is installed in the system
> area, things work normally.)
You probably need to edit th value for internal-plugin-directory in your
ecasoundrc.

*clip*

> Minor request #1: Better error messages:
I think everybody will agree with that, the error messages have improved a
little in the last year but it's still very foggy; also, ecasound isn't
really good at catching errors, try issuing:
$ ecasound -z:mistake -i:test.wav -o:alsa
just for fun... It'll be silently dropped...