Re: [ecasound] filesize limitations

Subject: Re: [ecasound] filesize limitations
From: martijn (mlina_AT_dds.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 23:42:33 EEST

Once upon a Thu, Oct 18 2001, Kai Vehmanen hit keys in the following order:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Jeremy Hall wrote:
>
> > At some time ago, ecasound had a problem with a 2gb limit, which was fixed
> > in CVS. Do you recall what that fix was?
>
> I don't remember fixing anything related to the 2GB limit, but oh well,
> there's obviously still problems left.

i think reiserfs doesn't have these restrictions. for ext2 i'm sure it still
exists, but maybe it can be over come if you're using things like fopen64...
hmm somewhere in the info files on fopen it says:

        When the sources are compiling with `_FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64' on a
        32 bit machine this function is in fact `fopen64' since the LFS
        interface replaces transparently the old interface.

this goes for all file stream functions.

martijn