[ecasound] filesize

Subject: [ecasound] filesize
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 00:04:26 EEST

hi there, new to this list *cough cough*

well I've been using ecasound for quite some time now (1 year at least)
and it's really great, _but_ ...

is it really not possible to record files bigger than 2 Gigabytes? ext2
filesystem in Linux doesn't have this limit any more in the 2.4.x
kernels, but ecasound still stops recording at precisely 2 Gigs ...

on the other hand I would often (about once a week) need bigger files,
since I want to record at least 5 hours of audio from the radio while
I'm not at home ...
(and no, directly encoding it to mp3 is not an option since I need to
edit the stuff before encoding it, which happens ultimately)

otherwise a really great program, like I said ...

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye          michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key