Re: [ecasound] ecasound with alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound with alsa
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:48:17 EEST

If you use the plug layer, you can ask it for whatever you want and it
will give it to you.

so for ex I have:

pcm.dsp0 {
        type plug;
        slave.pcm rme9652;
        ttable.0.0 1;
        ttable.1.1 1;
ttable.0.2 1;
ttable.0.3 1;
}

This, when used as an output device, will take channels 0 and 1 and spread
it to 0 1 2 and 3. This is because I need to feed my monitors as well as
a headphone amp.

Then I can do:

ecasound -i file.raw -o alsa,dsp0

and all works fine--the plug layer converts from s32_le,26,44100 to
s16_le,2,44100. and because it is called pcm.dsp0, if I use libaoss, I
can use apps like mpg123 directly (the rme oss code is a bit wierd and
locks my machine)

_J