Re: [ecasound] setpos works strangely

Subject: Re: [ecasound] setpos works strangely
From: dany (guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 19:08:21 EEST

Le Jeudi 23 Août 2001 16:37, S Massy a écrit:
> > aio-status acts the same: the first time it gives me, for example, pos
> > 120 second from beginning. If I stop , play the song, go to the
> > beginning, play again and run aio-status on the same sound, this time it
> > returns 126. In the mailing archive, there is something about the way
> > ecasound count the time, but I didn't understand. Can someone help me,
> > please?
>
> I couldn't reproduce the behaviour you describe on my system."'
> What version of ecasound are you using?
> What is the exact command-line you use when this problem crops up?

arrrh it was the right question. Back to the man pages, I found getpos . It
works good with setpos (naturally) and give me a strong position in the song.
Even if now I will use getpos instead of aio-status (it was quite stupid,
yeah) I will keep looking on aio-status to reproduce the problem. Maybe it's
the time the aio-status response takes to print near 40 lines on screen (500
ms on gnome-terminal?) that changed during the song and gave the behaviour.

Thanks for your answer.