[ecasound] CVS-branch magic :)

Subject: [ecasound] CVS-branch magic :)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 21:21:27 EEST

I've just branched ecasound's CVS-tree. Before this, I've never worked
with CVS branches, let alone manage them, so lets see how this goes. ;)

First of all, I tagged the current sound/ecasound tree with "bp_2_0". This
is the branch start point. The actual branch tag is "v2_0_branch". All
further development on the ecasound 2.0.x line will happen in the
"side" branch. The main branch (or head/trunk) will advance to ecasound
2.1.0 and libecasound.so.8 ...

What this means in practise is that 2.0.x series is likely to live longer
than previous stable releases.