[ecasound] clicking

Subject: [ecasound] clicking
From: kelly george hirai (khirai@unm.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 21:20:31 EEST

hey all,
        i reciently upgraded to the 2.0.2 ecasound from 1.9.4 because i've
been getting a clicking on the output of my playback file only when i do
duplex recording (recording with playback). it doesn't effect the
recording but is annoying. 2.0.2 didn't seem to help this problem. also,
after i upgraded to the 2.0.2, i'm getting my input signal from /dev/dsp1
comming out of the pcm channel of my sound card. with 1.9.4, i was only
getting the line-thru, and thus no latency on the performance i was
currently recording. i wonder what happend.

also, is there a way to have my tracks loaded into memory, record to
memory and hold off on the disk writing until recording is done or maybe
write to disk on comand?

running suse7.1 Linux 2.2.16 with an amd k6/2 @350Mhz.
i have 2.4 kernel but am in configuration hell with it at the moment.

hope you are well.

kelly, angel, riley & cameron hirai (505) 243-6417
300 sycamore ne albuquerque nm 87106 usa http://www.unm.edu/~khirai