Re: [ecasound] Downloading cvs.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Downloading cvs.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 09:35:41 EEST

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>> Well, ecasound's download page has the required cvs commands. You can also
>> use 2.0.2, which was uploaded to seul.org few seconds ago... :)
> Yeh, I have been trying to use those commands and I can't seem to access
> the download. That is why I asked if someone could tell me a commandline
> that works for them.

Ok, easiest way is to checkout the whole 'sound' module from seul
(includes all eca-stuff + latest sox):

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.seul.org:/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot checkout sound

Password is 'guest'. To checkout one specific module,

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.seul.org:/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot checkout sound/ecasound

... after you do this, you can update your tree by:

$ cd something/sound
$ cvs -z3 -n update -d
# the above lists all changes, but doesn't do anything...
# if looks ok, then
$ cvs -z3 update -dP

-z3 enables compresses, -d includes new directorories and -P prunes
empty directories. You don't have to re-enter the server (-d :pse..)
after the initial commit.

> Apart from that the tar.gz doesn't quite make it on my system.

Damn, I guess you are using some glibc 2.2.x version?

> c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I.. -I../kvutils -O2 -D_REENTRANT
> -DNDEBUG -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -c -fPIC -DPIC
> audioio-rtnull.cpp -o .libs/audioio-rtnull.lo
> audioio-rtnull.cpp: In member function `virtual long int
> REALTIME_NULL::read_samples(void*, long int)':
> audioio-rtnull.cpp:109: `nanosleep' undeclared (first use this function)
> audioio-rtnull.cpp:109: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only

Could you try adding "#include <time.h> to start of audioio-rtnull.cpp
(after "#include <string>"), and see if it compiles with this change.
On my system, nanosleep is defined in 'sys/time.h', but doesn't seem to be
so on yours...