Re: [ecasound] MMC bug in ecasound-2.0.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] MMC bug in ecasound-2.0.1
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 20:22:11 EEST

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Rob Stradling wrote:

> There's a small bug in the Midi Machine Control code in ecasound-2.0.1.
> There needs to be a terminating byte, with the value 0xF7, for each mmc
> command (see http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/mmc.htm).
[...]
> This is easy to fix - update the following function (in
> libecasound/midi-server.cpp):

Ok, thanks for the fix! I'll commit the change to ecasound's CVS-tree. It
seems that my Rm1x (which I used in testing) doesn't mind the missing
end-byte.

> void MIDI_SERVER::send_mmc_command(unsigned int cmd) {
[...]
> buf[2] = 0x00; /* dev-id */

This is another thing that needs to be fixed. Device-id should definitely
be configurable. I'll add this to my todo-list.

> With the above change, I can now get ecasound to MMC start/stop my Fostex
> DMT8VL. Fantastic!

That's great to hear as well.