Re: [ecasound] s32_le in ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] s32_le in ecasound
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 18:56:25 EEST

hmm I think something isn't quite right.

I typed:

ecasound -i /tmp/in-peppy.raw -f:s32_le,26,44100,n -o alsahw,0 -r -c

NOTE: this means input is interleaved, output is noninterleaved.

Channel 1 plays something, although I am not certain it is correct, it at
least sounds right. Channel 2 is a hideous loud obnoxious noise! all other
channels are quiet.

Next, in interactive mode, I typed -erc:1,3
nothing happened.
-erc:1,4
nothing happened
next I typed
cs-connect
now I got some heavily distorted noise generated from the studio. Since
this is near 115DB we tend to stay away from that room when playing with
ecasound. It is easy to hear the results from ANY sector of the house.

so the problem is either in converting from interleaved to noninterleaved,
converting from 16bit to 32 bit, converting from two channels to 26
channels, or something else I haven't thought of.

thoughts?

You might be able to reproduce this without the hardware if you use files
not devices. NOTE: this is BEFORE any of the changes in the last 24 hours
have gone through.

_J