Re: [ecasound] mixing with -ei in eiam?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] mixing with -ei in eiam?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:55:11 EEST

On 14 May 2001, Mario Lang wrote:

>> ecasound \
>> -a:1 -f:16,1,22050 -i input1.raw \
>> -a:2 -f:16,1,23000 -i input2.raw \
>> -a:1,2 -f:16,2,44100 -o /dev/dsp
> Thats how I did it with sox. And I have to tell you, I
> dont want to go this path again. If you are trying to sync two
> tracks, it can be quite hard to reenter those numbers.
> I hoped on being able to use ecasound IAM for doing this.
> Can I change sampling rate of a raw-input in IAM?

Unfortunately no. Ecasound's design is not very flexible when it comes to
handling varying sample-rates (originates from the 'one internal
sample-rate' concept).

So I'm afraid new functionality (or a separate app) is needed here. At
least two things are needed:
        - resampling (-ei effect) at the audio object level
        - access to resampling params during runtime