Re: [ecasound] Sample rate question

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Sample rate question
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 05:36:16 EEST

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, William Goldsmith wrote:

> I have a number of MP3 files that are recorded at a 32kb/s sample rate. When
> played without sr: specified, ecasound apparently internally resamples the
> files to 44.1 (w/ lots of artifacts). Is there any way other than using sr:
> to make these files play w/out resampling? They're mixed with normal 44.1

With normal ecasound, -sr is the only choice. The basic problem is that an
ecasound chainsetup can contain lots of audio files, each possibly having
a different sampling rate. How to set up -sr in these cases?

But for instance ecaplay is able to automatically set the internal
sampling rate (-sr) based on the input file. This is possible, as ecaplay
always plays one audio object at a time.