[ecasound] new controller: -klg

Subject: [ecasound] new controller: -klg
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 01:41:18 EEST

Arto Hamara just submitted a new controller source type: -klg, a generic
linear envelope. I've committed this right away to the CVS-tree (version
now 1.9dev7). Arto, feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood some
part of your code.

--
man-page entry:

"dit(-klg:fx-param,start-value,end-value,point_count,pos1,value1,...,posN,valueN) Generic linear envelope. This controller source can be used to map custom envelopes to chain operator parameters. All 'posX' parameters are given as seconds (from start of the stream). 'valueX' parameters must be in the range [0,1]."

-- example of use:

dit(-klg:fx-param,start-value,end-value,point_count,pos1,value1,...,posN,valueN) Generic linear envelope. This controller source can be used to map custom envelopes to chain operator parameters. All 'posX' parameters are given as seconds (from start of the stream). 'valueX' parameters must be in the range [0,1].

ecasound -i /empty1/smile.mp3 -o /dev/dsp -efl:2000 -klg:1,200,4000,3,0,0.75,5,0.1,10,0.25

- -klg control the lowpass filter - cutoff-freq varies between 200-4000Hz - -klg has three pos-val pairs - envelope points at 0.0sec, 5.0sec and 10.0sec

Seems to work without problems! Thanks go to Arto, great work!

-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!