[ecasound] Delay Modulation Effects

Subject: [ecasound] Delay Modulation Effects
From: Steve Jones (sjones@support.ddiworld.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 22:51:07 EEST

Hello,

First post here...

I've play around a bit with esound and have had at least
nominal success so far. But there are couple of problems
I've had. I admire what Kai has done.

I've not been able to get any of the '-etX' effects to work.
Mostly, I can detect no affect at all, though I have managed
to more or or less mute or greatly attenuate the signal
once and also acheived a seg-fault with certain parameter
permutations. 8^) Any tips here? Could you elaborate some
concerning the parameters? What would be some meaningful
starting args? What's 'variance-time-samples' about? For
flanging, aren't the typical delay times in msecs? Would I
just specify values less than one in this case? I believe
I'm using v1.8.2r14 (I'm posting from work).

Also, -tl does nothing for me. When used, with increased
debug levels, it reports that it's parsed the argument and
that looping is enabled. But it just exits after the first
iteration.

thnx

--
Steve Jones                            <steve@jonescape.com>

PGP: 1A98501A fp: D695 6031 30F5 70E6 975F C876 1956 946C 1A98 501A