[ecasound] Alsa problems

Subject: [ecasound] Alsa problems
From: Remco Poelstra (remco@beryllium.net)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 21:22:33 EEST

Hi,

When I used alsa 0.5.10b I only had alsa-support as root, as user ecasound
told me: ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Format of input alsa not recognized."

Now with 0.9.0beta3 ecasound (1.9dev2) tells me as user and as root: ERROR:
[ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Format of input alsahw not recognized."

I can use /dev/dsp. but that's not what I want (considering the replys on
my post 'Problems with recording', where is stated that native alsa is
better).

Software like alsamixer and aplay work.

What can I do to get alsa-0.9.0beta3 working under ecasound?

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra