Re: [ecasound] MP3 file playback error

Subject: Re: [ecasound] MP3 file playback error
From: William Goldsmith (bill@radioparadise.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 08:52:21 EET

One more point of info:

I just downloaded different mp3s of 2 of the problem songs. I ripped the
originals myself - so I know these are different rips, most likely from a
different encoder & codec (I use Xing AudioCatalyst - not a common codec).
Same result. Very strange.

If anyone's interested in taking a look at the files I can mail them or
stick them up somewhere. The 2 songs I confirmed this on were "A Place
Called Home" by PJ Harvey & the version of "Central Reservation" by Beth
Orton on the "Bounce" soundtrack.

thanks
bg

> I'm using 1.9dev4
> ext-mp3-input-cmd = mpg123 --stereo -r %s -b 0 -q -s -k %o %f
> (the default)
>
> I tried hacking out the error exit in audioio-mp3.cpp but got a core dump
on
> the bad files, so obviously that's there for a reason :-)
>
> This affects a relatively small percentage of the files, but I'd like to
> find a solution. I don't see anything unusual in the id3 tag. Winamp reads
> it just fine & plays the file w/ no errors.
>
> Thanks for any help
> -bg
>

> > On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, William Goldsmith wrote:
> >
> > > Help! I'm desperate!
> > >
> > > I have a large collection of MP3 files (a radio music library), and
I've