[ecasound] Problems with recording

Subject: [ecasound] Problems with recording
From: Remco Poelstra (remco@beryllium.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 16:40:13 EET

Hi,

I recorded a song from my md to my computer.
I used ecasound -r -i /dev/dsp -o file.wav

My system was doing nothing and my harddrive could handle it with ease.
Still there are glitches in the recording. How is this possible?
I've a SB Live! with Asus A7V motherboard and Maxtor harddrive.
Is this perhaps more an alsa problem, or badly behaving hardware. I really
can't believe it's a problem in ecasound, because it has time enough to
record it.

Thanks for any help,

Remco Poelstra