[ecasound] A few question/possible bug

Subject: [ecasound] A few question/possible bug
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 23:48:56 EET

I recently installed 0.9.0B on my system and the benefits showed up
pretty quickly as I'm now able to use my computer for realtime
stuff. Once I use the "nointbuffer" and "-r" switch the latency is swept away
and I get a "nearly" perfectly stable sound. However I've noticed that
sometimes the buffers aren't flushed properly. Sometimes I will
restart ecasound and here a piece of the previous playback on the
right channel. Or even weirder, I sometimes hear the file playing
correctly on one side and slowed down on the other.
 I then need to play something else for a while before it gets back to
normal. Could this be some mistake in the way ecasound cleans up?

When using the -r option I get something like "(eca-session) Memory
locked!" as it starts. Does that mean ecasound locks its pages in
memory?

Back to playing :)
S. Massy