[ecasound] delays with ecasound

Subject: [ecasound] delays with ecasound
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 15:27:49 EET

Hello,

I have a delay that is in upwards of 3 seconds with the following command:

mrec 239.1.1.3/24119|ecasound -i stdin -o alsahw,1 -z:nointbuf -b:128

With -z:db enabled, the delay is present. with it removed, the delay cuts
down to about 50 ms, possibly 60. I'd like to get rid of this delay but
I'll bet I can't get rid of it.

btw if the double-buffering is enabled in .ecasoundrc you can't remove it
by adding -z:db. This should be a trivial fix that would make my life a
bit easier--I wouldn't have to edit my .ecasoundrc whenever I want to do
this.

_J