Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound on RH7.0

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compiling ecasound on RH7.0
From: Anthony Paul Van Groningen (avan@csd.uwm.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 04:55:45 EET

>Hi,
>
> I am trying to rebuild ecasound to include alsa
>support on RH7.0. Here is what I have:
>
>alsa-0.5.10
>ecasound-1.8.2r14-1
>ecasound-plugins-1.8.2r14-1
>ecasound-devel-1.8.2r14-1
>libstdc++-2.96-69
>audiofile-0.1.9-7
>audiofile-devel-0.1.9-7

I had nothin but trouble compiling many apps on RH7. I did manage to get ecasound to work. This is the first of
several problems I remember occuring. You must add an include directive for eca_error.h in the offending file. I
think this is the right file name. There is also some file where you have to include math.h. All this has something
to do with redhats choice of a development version of gcc. I ended up dumping RH7 for another distro and haven't had
any proble since. Good luck. Ant.