Re: [ecasound] gates - major change

Subject: Re: [ecasound] gates - major change
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 03:00:13 EET

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> ecasound -i file.wav -o /dev/dsp -ea:100 -ksc:1,0,100,2,3
[...]
> When 'gate' is open, -ksc outputs the lower control value, which in
> this case is 0 (-ea:0 -> mute); when open, the high value is used (100 ->

Doh, just the opposite of course. :) When closed, we mute the signal
(-ea:0), and when open, we let signal go through (-ea:100).

Anyway, the point is, that -gc is just a simple controller with a
hard-coded -ea:x control target. The above approach (-ksc) can be also
used to trigger other effectrs (panning, filters, compressors,
etc).