[ecasound] A new controler?

Subject: [ecasound] A new controler?
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 18:33:12 EET

Alright, here's an idea for a new controller, but maybe it's already
possible to achieve this with ecasound, please tell me if it is.

It started with the desire to have a Leslie-like effect going faster
and faster as the volume increases and slowing down when the volume
goes quieter again. So I thought of a "sliding-gate" controller. Here
is how I picture it:
- Below lower_amplitude sliding-gate is closed and so the value it
controls is steady at closed_value
- When lower_amplitude threshold is passed the sliding-gate starts to
slide open and so the value controlled starts to be modified.
- When upper_amplitude is reached our sliding-gate is fully opened and
we have reached opened_value

What would make sense to me in such situation would be to have a
vector defined between closed_value and opened_value and then have the
controlled value follow this line as the gate slides between its
opened and closed positions (Because the volume doesn't go up and down
in a "linear" fashion.

So I guess the controller would have a format akin to this:
-kg:fx-param,lower_amplitude,upper_amplitude,closed_value,opened_value

Does the above make sense? Would this be of any use?
I, at least, see many situations, apart from the example given above,
where it could be useful.

Looking forward to hearing your comments,
S. Massy