[ecasound] Submixing in chains

Subject: [ecasound] Submixing in chains
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson@dataductus.se)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 08:39:42 EET

Hello,

Last night I tried a few conceptual things with ecasound, for future
usage :-)....

In essence I tried to load three mp3 files from disk and process them in
different chains. But before sending them to the same output buffer I
tried to submix two of them to add common effects. This however didn't
work out. The submixer behaved erratic, eca didn't complain, but it was
hard to say what the submixer did. Perhaps it only took the first
argument an processed THAT chain.

I don't have the chainsetup here at work, but I can try and conjure it
up from memory.

ecasound -a:1 -i:1.mp3 -a:2 -i:2.mp3 -a:3 -i:3.mp3 -a:1 <fxstuff> -a:2
<fxstuff> -a:3 <fxstuff> -a:1,2 <commonfxstuff> -a:1,2,3 -o /dev/dsp

something like that.

I would consider submixing in the middle of the chains to be a rather
complex operation, programmatically, would be nice if ecasound supported
it though :-). Opens doors in my mind!! wide open!!

Regards,
Robert Jonsson