Re: [ecasound] Timidity++ support

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Timidity++ support
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 20:35:10 EEST

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> The music comes in at a speed higher than it should, as apparent
> result of a sampling rate mismatch. Maybe the output should be
> upsampled by default (there's a command with timidity++ to choose the

This is now fixed in CVS. You might have to delete the lines concerning
timidity from your ~/.ecasoundrc ... (ecasound will insert new defaults
the next time you run it). Ecasound passes the sample rate (selected by -f
in ecasound) to timidity with its -s parameter.

> support for midi2wav through timidity++ is really a nice addition,
> keep up the great work, Kai. :)

Well, I rewrote the old fork code in ecasound, and as a result, adding
support for external programs is now quite easy. The current CVS tree
already has Ogg Vorbis support; both input and output (using ogg123 and
vorbize). All command line arguments are stored into ~/.ecasoundrc, so you
don't necessarily have to use the default apps.

I guess I could make this even more generic (possibility to add new
formats without modifying ecasound), but at the moment, I don't think it
would be worth the effort. Forking is a nice technique, when you need to
quickly add support for new formats, but it's always limited when compared
to native/plugin-based support.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .