Re: [ecasound] building ecasound with alsa 0.6 support

Subject: Re: [ecasound] building ecasound with alsa 0.6 support
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 00:36:39 EEST

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 frankiec@dryrose.com wrote:

> I have tried building a few different versions of ecasound now. The
> latest as well as the cvs from yesterday. This is on a debian system
> with a Sep 16 cvs snapshot of alsa. These are my results.
[...]
> audioio_alsa3.cpp: In method `void ALSA_PCM_DEVICE::open()':
> audioio_alsa3.cpp:226: `struct snd_pcm_params' has no member named `frames_xrun_max'

Ok, once again, ALSA CVS has gone through major updates (lots of
struct members renamed, changed functions calls, etc). I just updated
ecasound's ALSA 0.6.x support to match the current ALSA CVS (25.09.2000,
~22:00 EEST).

But of course, the 0.6.x API has changed a zillion times, so it will
probably change again. If ecasound's ALSA 0.6.x support doesn't compile,
and you're in a hurry (or just impatient like the rest of us ;)), you can
always compile ecasound with --disable-alsa, and use ALSA's OSS-emulation.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .