[ecasound] CTRL+D freezes X in ecasound > 1.7

Subject: [ecasound] CTRL+D freezes X in ecasound > 1.7
From: Sami Lempinen (lempinen@iki.fi)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 23:05:06 EEST

Hello again,

It seems that the funny behaviour I remember experiencing in 1.8.*
versions (before reverting to the 1.7 series) is still there in the
CVS version:

Exiting the ecasound interactive shell with CTRL+D instead of 'q' or
CTRL+C mysteriously freezes (at least) X. My setup: 550MHz K7, SB
Live, ALSA 0.5.9.

I seem to remember that telnetting to the box and kill -9ing stuff
helped earlier, but this time I just let e2fsck sort it out.

Could it be because my Ibanez is out of tune? ;)

Ecasound still rules though. The best part is to experience the
jaw-drops when folks ask you, "what did you mix the song with?"

        "Emacs."

-Sami

--
lempinen@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/