[ecasound] oh so quiet... what's next?

Subject: [ecasound] oh so quiet... what's next?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 23:53:28 EEST

Just wanted to let you know that this list is working and ecasound is
still alive. I admit that development has recently been almost
non-existant. At the moment I'm (after a long break) once again
concentrating on making music. I'm sure that this will be a good thing for
both my mental health and for ecasound development. ;) After all, ecasound
is meant for making music.

But, but, there's always someone wanting to write some code. Recently a
number of people have approached me with ideas of extending/improving
ecasound. Here's a short list (includes a few older ideas):

 - a new Qt-based interface (ProTools style)
 - better GUI for ecawave
 - gtk GUI for ecasound (what's the status of Gteca?)
 - other GUI projects (what's happening with Eco?)
 - various batch/automation scripts and tools

If you want to contribute to these projects, or have totally new ideas,
feel free to speak up. As my main focus is still ecasound's core
functionality, it'd be great if someone wanted to improve the ecasound
GUIs.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .